Native from Central Asia, hemp has been used by men since the Neolithic era. Its use then spread over all continents. Hemp clothing has been appreciated for a long time for its natural textile fabric.
Hemp is a wonderful plant with multiple benefits and incredible potential:
- easy to grow
- great growth rate in fibre per sqm
- doesn’t require herbicides or other phytosanitaries
- doesn’t require a lot of water
- resists droughts
- doesn’t deteriorate soils as opposed to cotton cultivation
Last century, hemp production has fallen in the western countries due to strong regulations around marijuana and strong competitiveness in the textile industry; leaving China and India take this part of the market and become its biggest producers.
Nevertheless, in the last few years, hemp has returned gradually in less traditional markets: manufacturing of environmental friendly building materials (like concrete, insulation ...), automobile market, sport, food (oil, seeds)…
In hemp everything is usable: fibre, seeds, barks and straw!
DAREGREEN AND HEMP
Hemp’s natural fibre is used in the clothing business for the following reasons:
- very comfortable and soft
- exceptional natural protection to UV
- absorbent fibres
- good insulation properties
- antibacterial & antifungal
Environmentally cultivated and weaved to protect our planet, hemp clothing gives a sensation of freshness and softness on your skin.
Over time, your clothes become softer and softer.
Finally, the more you will wear hemp clothing, the more you will want to wear it!
- Daregreen selects carefully all the items on sale on this website
- Daregreen ensures that all our products follow a demanding quality charter.
- All items are produced from natural origin hemp.
- All items follow the EU regulations for quality as well as for manufacturing working conditions.